Monday, February 4, 2013

What captures me about Advertising

I think as human beings, we are naturally awestruck and inclined towards beautiful things. That is exactly what excites me so much about advertising! It is still fascinating to me; advertisements are able to capture the essence of beauty, timeless elegance, and appeal just through the use of images and words.

To play on the human curiosity and desires, the images portray a certain lifestyle that the consumer wishes to have. This fantasy world is what drives sales, is what pushes consumers to keep wanting more.

    

    

Without advertising and branding, products would just be products. There would be no need to pay 3000+ for a Chanel hand bag when you could use any old satchel. It's the portrayed lifestyles that intrigue me, the indulgence.

Though some people may argue that advertising is propaganda for negative things such as tobacco or alcohol, I believe that this capability for such products to be transformed into a flattering and intriguing perspective is rather impressive. It's all how it is presented and perceived.

No comments:

Post a Comment